|Welcome all new and returning families to BA! We hope you had a wonderful summer, but it's time to start preparing for the best school year yet. This back to school list will guide you through important documents that all parents and students should have to make the school year go smoothly. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us directly (843) 524-3393.
The first day of school will be Thursday, August 18th. It will be a full day for the main campus, and a half day for the preschool campus in which dismissal will be at11:30am.
Most of the following documents can be found on ourwebsite under BA Families>Important Documents. You can also find more detail in our Beaufort Academy Handbook/Blue Book due to arrive in August.
Click here for the 2016/2017 Academic Calendar
Click here for the 2016/2017 BA Event Calendar
Preschool Campus: 8:00am to 2:45pm (earliest drop-off is 7:30am)
Lower School: 8:00am to 3:05pm
Middle & Upper School: 8:00am to 3:10pm
Parents are encouraged to drop off and pick up their child(ren) at the door; however, cars should not be left unattended in the driveway. BA teachers will get the students in and out of the car for you to keep traffic moving along.
Lower School Students:
LS should be dropped off and picked up at the gate next to the 100 Building. Parents are encouraged to allow lower school students to walk to their classrooms by themselves. When picking up students before normal dismissal times, parents should report to the main office and ask a member of the school staff to have the student sent to the office. Parents should not send others to pick up children without advance notice for the school staff. School personnel are instructed to not allow students to leave with anyone other than a parent without proper notification. At 3:20, Lower School students who have not been picked up will be sent to After-Care and a fee will be charged.
Middle & Upper School:
MS & US should be dropped off and picked up on the front of the campus near the flagpole or on the sidewalks beside the gym
**Traffic flow on main campus is one-way and parents should use the main entrance on the south end of the campus. Parking is restricted to marked spaces. Parents are welcome to park in the designated visitor spaces. The speed limit is 15 MPH so please drive slowly and carefully.
**Under no circumstances should a student leave the campus with another student during the course of the school day without written permission from the parent/guardian of both students. No Lower or Middle School student is allowed to be on campus after dismissal without parental supervision unless the student is involved in a school sponsored activity supervised by school personnel.
A few things are changing this year, so please note the following:
- Emergency Card Forms can only be completed online here. Please note that your child cannot start school at BA without this form on file.
- If your child has had any new vaccinations within the year, we need a copy of their immunizations. If nothing has changed, we do NOT need another copy.
- You can now pay your tuition online here.
- Eagle Eats will be weekly, and will also be available to order online only. Click here to order for the week of 8/22-8/26, due 8/18.
- Junior Eagle Eats (Preschool) will also be able to order online starting 8/17, and that program will start 8/29.
- MS & US will end their school day at 3:10pm.
- All class emails have changed - See below for more details. Each class has been labeled by graduation date, ex. 12th grade: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kindergarten is now on Main Campus. Welcome little Eagles!
- Mr. School's office is now located upstairs in the library.
- BAPA will be hosting a Back-to-School night BBQ Bash for all parents, August 31st at 5:30pm. This event will give you the chance to run through your students classes, while meeting and mingling with fellow BA parents while listening to live entertainment by the Clustershucks! All parents are encouraged to come, this is a free event!
- We will be adding a BA Babysitter network to the BA directory - see below to have your US student sign-up.
Please bring most supplies to the Orientation/All-student drop in on Wednesday, August 17th.
You can now fill out the 2016/2017 Student Emergency Form online here.
Emergency Card Forms can only be completed online. **Please note that your child cannot start school at BA without this form on file.**
All students MUST bring in an updated copy of their immunizations from their pediatrician's office BY THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL, including Tdap for 7th graders. If nothing has changed since last school year, you DO NOT need to bring in another copy.
The BA Blue Book is the "master" handbook that explains all the moving parts of Beaufort Academy, including academics, communications, dress-code, policies, discipline, and athletics. Please use this as a good reference throughout the year. You can also find this publication on our website.
ALL Beaufort Academy Students must sign Behavior Pledge in the document above
All students must wear khaki bottoms and a collared shirt of any color, more details below.
- Every friday is BA T-shirt Friday. All students can wear a BA t-shirt with their uniform bottoms.
- "The Eagle Eye" school-wide newsletter will be emailed to you bi-weekly.
- "Schools of Thought" is a monthly letter from the Headmaster.
- We LOVE parent volunteers! There are many opportunities for parents to help during the school year; The Blue & White Club (sports), BAPA, Chilly Bean 5K/10K, and our Shamrock Shakedown. You can sign up for these volunteer options during our parent back to school night on 8/31.
- Follow us on Facebook for daily photo albums, and the latest BA news!
Our Preschool campus is excited to have our little ones back! There are a few extra forms that our students require before the first day of school. Please fill out the following forms and return as soon as possible:
Current Immunization Form (from pediatrician)
Junior Eagles Eats - you will be able to pre-pay for the year starting August 17th online here.
The lunch program will start August 29th. Chick-Fil-A Mondays & Pizza Fridays will be available to all Preschool students.
*Please not that Milk is not available this school year.
If you ever need to reach the Preschool campus, their direct phone number is (843) 524-9533.
Cathryn Griffith is the Preschool Director, so feel free to contact her with any questions.
Textbooks for Lower School students are provided by Beaufort Academy. Students are expected to take care of the books and return them in good condition.
Textbooks for Middle and Upper School students are purchased by the families. Beaufort Academy’s official online bookstore is MBS Direct, where families can purchase course materials starting July 21st.
BA offers our 3rd and 4th grade and Middle and Upper School parents online access to academic information, including grades, schedules, class enrollments, the school calendar, assignments, attendance, report cards, and transcripts through BA Classroom. The amount of information included for each course may vary, depending on how a given teacher has chosen to use other posting tools in conjunction with BA Classroom for assignments. Adobe Reader or another PDF reading application is required to view transcripts and report cards.
You can log into BA Classroom at virtually any time. If at any time you are unable to access BA Classroom, please contact Mike Morrison at the school. Ms. Wise and Ms. Harvey also have copies of the login information.
All upper school schedules are currently online at BA Classroom. Middle school schedules should be posted within a few weeks.
**You must be enrolled for the 2016-2017 school year to gain access to BA Classroom. Please contact MJ Simmons if you have any questions about finalizing your enrollment.
Beaufort Academy's lunch program, Eagle Eats, is available to students in K-12th grades. We pre-order lunch for students through local restaurants. Please note that we offer a few lunch options if your child forgets to bring lunch. If you wish to order lunch for your child, parents must fill out a form online every week with your desired food choice.
*NEW* Orders can be placed online weekly. You will be able to choose your child's lunch for the following week, pay by credit card, and print a receipt all in one.
Click here to place your Eagle Eats order (for the week of 8/22-8/26) Due by 9am August 18th
Junior Eagle Eats (Preschool) will also be available online here. You can prepay for the year starting August 17th, The junior lunch program starts August 29th.
Beaufort Academy has a ‘Cafeteria Card’ Program that offers a great alternative for those that wish to purchase drinks and snacks at school but don’t wish to give their student cash every day. Just think…No more lost money… Less hassle in the mornings when getting everyone ready for school! Just another way to make your life easier!
**Coming Soon** LS & MS after-school classes and activities - stay tuned!
IF YOUR RETURNING STUDENT CURRENTLY HAS A CARD AND PARTICIPATED IN THE PROGRAM LAST SCHOOL YEAR, YOU DO NOT NEED TO REAPPLY. TEACHERS WILL HAVE LAST YEAR’S CARDS FOR RETURNING STUDENTS IN 2ND THROUGH 5TH GRADES. OLDER STUDENTS WERE ENCOURAGED TO STORE THE CARDS FOR THE SUMMER. YOUR STUDENT SHOULD CONTINUE TO USE THE CARD THEY WERE ISSUED LAST YEAR. UNLESS TOLD OTHERWISE, WE WILL ASSUME RETURNING STUDENTS WHO PARTICIPATED LAST YEAR WILL CONTINUE IN THE PROGRAM. THERE IS A CHARGE OF $20.00 FOR A NEW CARD. ALL PREVIOUS BALANCES CARRY OVER FROM LAST YEAR
Beaufort Academy offers an after school child care program for students in pre-kindergarten through fourth grade. Activities include arts and crafts projects, playground time, children’s movies, and study time for older children. Please click below for more information.
As a Beaufort Academy parent, you’re an essential part of the team that helps your child reach his/her fullest potential. All parents of students at Beaufort Academy are members of the Parents Association. It is a wonderful way to get involved with the life of the school and directly enhance your child’s BA experience. BAPA offers parents the opportunity to collaborate with other parents, faculty, and staff through a variety of events regarding educational objectives, community building, safety, and other important issues. It is also a vital and vibrant fundraising engine, which provides financial support to the school through its fundraising endeavors.
The Parents' Association would be nothing without its dedicated parent volunteers. There are volunteer opportunities at all grade levels, various time availability, levels of commitment, and areas of interest. A parent can serve as an executive board officer, a grade parent representative, an event coordinator, or get involved in our Blue and White Club, which supports the sports.
BAPA will be hosting Parent Informational Meetingsmonthly. Please try to make these meetings to stay in the BA loop. They will be held the 2nd Wednesday of most months.
We would love for you to be involved! We love our BA parents, and having such a small school makes us one big happy BA family!
**Look for your NEW BA Car stickers in a letter from BAPA in August!**
Contact Katherine Hefner, BAPA President
BAPA webpage & events
This year, BAPA is only doing one main fundraiser, theChilly Bean 5K/10K and chili cook-off on February 4th, 2017. It's a great BA event and has grown in the last few years. We hope you not only volunteer, but cook some chili, or run the race. It's a great event for the entire family. Click here for more Chilly Bean Info!
Other BAPA fundraisers and events:
- New Family Buddy Lunch - new families are welcomed by their "buddy family" and BAPA provides lunch.
- Back to School BBQ Bash for all parents onAugust 31st, @ 5:30pm! Come enjoy a night to meet the teachers, find out more information on volunteer opportunities for the school year and mingle with fellow BA parents.
- Preschool Ice Cream Social - BAPA hosts a fun ice cream social to the entire preschool in the beginning of the school year.
- Fall Festival - October 28th, a free family friendly event and open to Beaufort Academy students, family, friends, and alumni! Lots of games are played, the high school students make a haunted house, a DJ plays great music, lots of prizes, snacks, face painting, a bounce house, and you can even visit our Bake Sale with the most delicious fall treats.
- Father Daughter Dance - April 21st, this event is for girls in grades Pre-K2 through 6th grades to enjoy a night out with their dads. The girls enjoy food, dancing, and raffles!
- BAPA Annual Cook-out - Every year BAPA has a BBQ for all students at the end of the school-year. The kids love having an outdoor picnic!
- Dine at Chick-Fil-A the first Wednesday of every month and 10% of proceeds go back to BA!
- ADHD Support Group - Every few months, Beaufort Academy hosts an ADHD Support Group that is open to the whole community. We typically have a guest speaker at the event to help parents answer questions about their child, and gain support through fellow parents.
- Box Tops for Education - save your box tops and bring them to the front office to give back to your school!
- Discount Cards - Every Fall, BA offers a discount card to BA parents from local businesses and restaurants. Cards are only $10 and you can save hundreds of dollars!
- Sunshine Committee - This committee makes sure the teachers are thanked for all that they do for our children.
- School Spirit Store - BAPA offers BA gear, clothing, tervis tumblers, belts, and so much more. Contact Wendi Lynn (843) 252- 9600 to get your gear for the new year! * Online School Store coming soon, stay tuned!
- The Blue and White Club - This is Beaufort Academy’s all-volunteer booster club in support of our teams and coaches in interscholastic athletics. This is a wonderful way to get involved, make a difference and have great fun with parents, alumni and other supporters of each student’s positive experience in team sports. Our primary purpose is to raise funds to support the various financial needs of our athletic programs. We believe extracurricular activities are a vital part of the learning process and support all athletic programs on BA's campus. With generous monetary donations and the investment of your time, the Blue and White Club provides basically every aspect of athletics except the buses, referees, and coaches pay.
Funding from the Blue and White Club provides the following:
- All of the golf balls, tennis balls, baseballs, footballs, soccer balls, and basketballs.
- The new football helmets and uniforms, basketball uniforms, and volleyball uniforms.
- Swim lanes, timing system, and caps.
- Lightning Detection System.
- Golf practice, and range time.
- Gym floor upkeep.
- BA tent, coolers, and cups.
Please contact the Director of Athletics, Neal McCarty or the Blue and White Club president, Juliet Harvey for more information about the many ways that the Blue and White Club can involve you. Follow BA Sports on Facebook here!
Each year, BA provides a family/business directory which goes out to parents in September/October time-frame. We are adding a BA babysitter network to this publication this year. If you wish to add your upper school student to the directory, please fill out the form by August 22nd.
Beaufort Academy has announced opening practice dates and schedules for the upcoming 2016-17 fall season.Very important for student-athletes to report to the first day of practice and participation is mandatory. Practice schedules are subject to change. Click here for practice schedules.
Also, all student-athletes must be enrolled for the 2016-17 school year before practicing.
BA offers the following fall sports and grade levels for each sport. Again, participation is very important for our success and ability to field a team.
*Strength and Conditioning is still ongoing through the summer. You can still sign-up for the remainder of summer workouts for $50.00. Hope your student-athlete will take advantage of this program and opportunity to get in physical shape for their upcoming season. Click here for more info.
- Football: grades 5 - 12
- Volleyball: grades 5 - 12
- Swim: grades 6 - 12
- Cross Country: grades 5 - 12
- Girls Tennis: grades 6 - 12
All student-athletes must have a sports physical completed and submitted to the athletic department before practicing (NO SPORTS PHYSICAL = NO PARTICIPATION).
The following forms must be completed and submitted to the athletic department prior to practicing/participating. If you have any questions, please contact Athletic Director Neal McCarty. Click on each link below.
Click here for details regarding summer 2016 on our library webpage. All students must complete their summer reading before the 1st day of school.
There are so many fun dates to look forward to this year. Here are a few that you need to mark your calendar. Please note that dates may change. To see the complete list of events, click here.