Congratulations to the Girls Tennis Team, they finished the season as the 2014 State Runner-up in the SCISA A State Tournament!
For the 2015 match schedule, please click below:
The link above takes you to our new site, for which there are options to Join. (You can view the schedules even if you do NOT join.) If you DO decide to join, you can access things like:
- Address and directions to each away match
- Set up options to receive updates when schedules are changed
- Set up options to receive automated reminders for upcoming matches
- There is an app for this site which becomes accessible (the app is REALLY easy to use!)
If you would like to join, please email Neal McCarty and include:
- The email address for which you would like the invitation to be sent
- Which team you would like an invitation from (for ex. Varsity Girls, B-Team Boys, etc.)
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
The Beaufort Academy girl’s tennis team competes at the varsity level during the Fall Season. The team consists of female students in grades 7-12, and practices at the new tennis courts at Beaufort Academy.
All students that are interested are encouraged to play. The tennis team begins practice in mid-August, and practices 4 times per week. Matches begin in late August and end in mid-October.
The basic coaching philosophy of Coach Scheper is to teach the players on the team to improve upon their skills, to the best of their ability, while enjoying the game. Also, another goal is for all of our players to learn and understand the ethics and all of the rules of tennis. Most of all, Coach Scheper wants participants to always give 100% effort and enjoy playing tennis.
Head Coach: Larry Scheper
Phone: (843) 441.1792
Beaufort Academy tennis coach Larry Scheper and his wife, Sandra, were recognized as the United States Tennis Association’s South Carolina Family of the Year in October, 2014! They put a lot of work into running the Larry Scheper Tennis Academy as well as the public courts here in Beaufort. Coach Scheper also competes in the ATA Championships in Ft. Lauderdale. He is the 2013 ATA Men’s 45’s Singles National Champion and a 35’s Doubles National Champion.