Chilly Bean 5K/10K Run
New year, new you! Fulfill your new year's resolution, and run, walk, or stroll in the beautiful waterfront neighborhood of Coosaw Point, Lady's Island SC for the 2021 Chilly Bean 5K/10K Saturday, February 6. Follow us on Facebook for race updates and hype!
Runners can choose between 2 USATF certified distances; 5K and 10K on this flat fast course. Chip timing provided by Grounded Running. Walkers, runners, families, kids and dogs are all encouraged to participate in Wave 2. All registered runners receive a finisher medal! Last year's race sold out at over 600 runners, and based on current registrations, organizers expect another sellout with a limited number allowed per wave.
We are excited to host a safe event for our community in 2021. There will not be a chili gathering before or after the event. Masks are required before the run and at the starting line. Runners may remove their mask once they are off. Each run is limited to 250 runners, registration is first come first served. Please practice safe social distancing while in attendance and enjoy the beautiful day for a run!
**NEW THIS YEAR**
We are hosting TWO runs limited to 250 runners each. Registration is first come first serve. We are also hosting a virtual run where you can complete a 5K or 10K on your own to avoid crowds.
2021 CHILLY BEAN RUN @ COOSAW POINT
Saturday - February 6, 2021 (Superbowl Weekend)
With the safety of our participants in mind, we are offering two runs limited to 250 registrants each.
Competitive runners are encouraged to register for Wave 1. Walkers, runners, families, kids, strollers and dogs are all encouraged to participate in Wave 2. Chip timing will be provided by Grounded Running. Limited spots so be sure to register early. All participants must pre-register online before February 4 on RunSignUp to reserve a bib number. We highly recommend registering online as soon as possible. (Day of registration is not an option this year.)
- 5K/10K Wave 1 @8:30am: *RUNNERS ONLY* (arrival at 7:30am)
- 5K/10K Wave 2 @10:30am: Family, stroller, and pet-friendly (arrival at 9:30am)
- Deadline to receive a free shirt: Weds, January 20
- Deadline for online registration: Thurs, February 4 at 10pm OR when max number is reached.
- Masks required before run and at starting line. Runners are asked not to gather in large groups.
- An after-party and chili will not provided this year due to COVID-10 restrictions.
- Awards given to top male/female times for each wave one week after the run (No award ceremony)
Great news...if you aren't able to attend the Chilly Bean Run in person, but want to participate, you can complete a 5K/10K in your own area!
Registered virtual runners will have 6 days to complete the 5K (3.1 miles) or 10K (6.2 miles) at home. Virtual runners can start their run as early as Monday, February 1 and complete by 8pm Saturday, February 6. Virtual runners will then submit their run time on the RunSignUp portal. Virtual times are not eligible for awards.
Be sure to register virtually on RunSignUp.com and a confirmation email will be sent your way with further direction.
*An event t-shirt is included in virtual registration, which can be picked up during scheduled packet pick-up times or after the event at the YMCA.
- 5K: $35, $25 for ages 18 and under
- 10K: $40, $30 for ages 18 and under
- 5K Virtual: $35
- 10K Virtual: $40
- 5K XC Team Members: $20
Registration Fee Includes:
- Race registration (on-site or virtual)
- Long sleeve orange shirt (Must register by 1/20)
- Finisher Medal (on-site only)
- Runners 21+ receive a finish line beer from Salt Marsh Brewing Company (on-site only)
- Donuts, fruit, coffee, hot chocolate and Bloody Mary's will be available after the race.
Coosaw Point Neighborhood
1 Coosaw Point Blvd, Lady's Island, SC 29907
All registered runners must pick up their bib and shirt prior to race day at Beaufort Academy during the scheduled times below. *NEW* Race registration and bib pick-up will not be available race morning.
- Thursday, February 4
3:30 p.m. - 6:30p.m. | Beaufort Academy
- Friday, February 5
3:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. | Beaufort Academy
- Saturday, February 6
7:15 a.m. - 10 a.m. | Coosaw Point (for out of town runners only)
Race day shirts are included in the registration fee, but you can pre-order additional shirts or face masks online. All items are available in both youth and adult sizes. All orders must be pick-up during scheduled packet pick-up times. Gear will not be sold on race day.
Long Sleeve Shirts
- Long sleeve Sport TECH shirt in Orange; youth or adult sizes: Women's v-cut also available.
- Adult S-3X: $25 each
- Youth XS-XL: $20 each
*Shirt orders due January 20
Two-ply 100% polyester face mask, self-binding ear loops with easy to adjust sliders; youth or adult sizes:
- Youth Royal Blue: $12 each
- Adult Navy Blue: $12 each
*Mask orders due February 4
RACE DAY INFORMATION
Arrival at Coosaw Point:
Wave 1: Plan to arrive no later than 7:30am.
Wave 2: Plan to arrive at 9:45am.
We will have a big crowd…please carpool if you can. The neighborhood roads will be shut down at 8am, reopen at 9:30am, and shut down again at 10:15am in preparation for each race and to ensure runner safety.
To map it, use: 20 The Horseshoe, Beaufort SC. From downtown Beaufort, cross over the Beaufort River to Lady’s Island and go one mile; turn left onto Highway 802 (Sam’s Point Road) 5.5 miles to Coosaw Point entrance on your left. When you see a long green fence, get ready to turn left.
Please bring a mask and wear prior to race and starting line.
Three locations: In the pool area, in the Club House, and 2 portajohns.
- All registered runners must pick-up their bib and shirt during the offered packet pick-up times at Beaufort Academy, not race day.
- Event shirts are included in registration fees this year.
- Every registered runner will receive a 2021 Chilly Bean Run finisher medal brought to you by Allen Patterson Builders! (Virtual runners will not receive a finisher medal.)
- Donuts, fruit, coffee, hot chocolate and bloody mary's will be available after the race.
- Masks are required before the run and at the starting line. Runners may remove masks during run.
- All volunteers and spectators must wear a mask at all times.
- Please practice proper social distancing.
- Due to COVID-19, a chili after-party will not offered. The event ends after the run.
- Awards will be given to top male/female runners. Awards will be ready for pick-up the week after the run since an awards ceremony will not be held.
SLEEP IN AND STILL SUPPORT!
Your generosity is greatly appreciated. If you aren't able to attend the Chilly Bean Run, but want to participate with a donation you can do so in support of a registered runner, on your own behalf, or anonymously. The funds raised support the students and teachers of Beaufort Academy and a portion of the proceeds benefits the YMCA of Beaufort.
This year's race benefits YMCA of Beaufort.The Chilly Bean Run event organizers as well as the Beaufort Academy Parent's Association are thrilled to be able to give proceeds to a local organization in need.
So don't miss out on this fun event for a great cause! We will see you at Coosaw Point on February 6!
|Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated|
|Collins Pest Control|
|GMFS, Pam Abell/Leslie Mitchell, Fripp Island Real Estate Co.|
|BMH Lowcountry Medical Group|
|Coppage Law Firm|
|Donovan Family Dentistry, LLC|
|It's Retail Therapy|
|J.H. Hiers Construction, LLC|
|Lynn and Wheeler, CPA, PA|
|Peters Murdaugh Parker Elzroth & Detrick Law Firm (PMPED)|
|Animal Medical Center of the Lowcountry|
|Southern Tree Services of Beaufort|