AT-HOME LIVE INSTRUCTION REQUEST FORM
As a service to our families, Beaufort Academy will offer voluntary at-home live instruction that will allow students in grades K-12 to reenter on-campus instruction as they and their parents feel most comfortable.
It is important to remember; however, this option must be requested by a parent/guardian of the student and the below form must be completed and digtially signed by the parent/guardian by FRIDAY, JULY, 24, 2020 to help administration plan accordingly.
Please take note of the following requirements:
- The streaming times will match the student’s on campus schedule. For example, if a student’s math class is scheduled for 8:00AM, the student will be required to attend the class remotely at 8:00AM.
- Attendance will be recorded as though the student is on campus. Students must adhere to the same attendance policies as on-campus students.
- Students will be expected to participate in all dynamics of the class such as class discussions, projects, presentations, exams, and asking questions. The video component must be turned on the entire session to show involvement.
- Students will be accountable for the established deadlines and expectations as on-campus peers.
- Students may schedule one-on-one student/teacher questions and discussions beyond the live instruction.
- Lower school parents/guardians may request that classes be recorded to assist working parents.
- As with on-campus instruction, parents and students are encouraged to maintain active communication with the instructor regarding class questions and concerns.
- Students will also have access to school-wide meetings and assemblies through the platform.
- Although the at-home platform will provide students with focused, measured and scheduled instruction, parents will need to assist students with the technology component at home, including the ability to print.
- If a student opts for at-home live instruction, they are not permitted to participate in sports and extracurricular activities on campus.
- Although a family may select to rejoin the on-campus setting, a decision to return to at-home instruction must be appealed to the Head of School.